Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

The weather this week has been absolutely gorgeous. It seems we skipped the winter season entirely, and now spring is in full bloom.
Aaron and I took advantage of the sunshine and went on a nice long walk along Riverside after dinner a few nights ago. People were gathered on the park lawns, sprawled across blankets and beach towels, taking in the sights and sounds of the evening. Before I knew it, we'd made a 3 mile trip. I'm hoping it will become a regular occurrence - what a wonderful way to get out from behind a desk and the books!


Despite a flash flood in our school parking lot (thank you, construction across the street!), the beautiful orange tulips made campus a pretty sight today. I failed to grab a picture last year of Dr. Pete in all his glory at this time of year. (Can you imagine carving him out of a whole log?!)
Hope you're taking advantage of the forecast this week. We could all use a little fresh air boost after last week's never-ending rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment