I am about to complete my last final. Ever.
It seems like only yesterday I was pulling all-nighters in college about this time of year. After going to bed at 2 the night before our Pathology final, Aaron and I both wondered how that was ever physically possible. The lack of sleep probably explains a few of my final exam scores back then...
These past two years have been the most challenging of our lives, but also the most rewarding. There were times I never thought I'd utter those last words, but looking back, we've both grown so much in so many aspects. Learned so many life lessons. Proved to ourselves that this is exactly the purpose for which we were made.
We still have 2 years of clinical rotations left, followed by 5 years of residency. Today, however, proves that those too will fly by.
I can't stop thinking about people who have chosen not to attend college, or not to apply for graduate school, or settled for anything less than what their hearts truly desired because of the time commitment. They thought it would take too long, be too much of a sacrifice. And yet, I'm halfway to the job of my dreams. Those years passed, regardless of what I chose to pursue or abandon.
Don't abandon your passion. A few years of sacrifice is so worth decades of happiness. Pursue.

No comments:
Post a Comment