Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Christmas in Mount Ida

Since this is the last Christmas Aaron and I were guaranteed to not be scheduled to work, we took advantage of our freedom and visited his family in rural Arkansas to celebrate. 
Aaron's brother and sister-in-law were kind enough to let us stay with them, and we were thrilled to be able to spend so much time with our nieces!


I made the mistake of introducing the girls to "Ring Around the Rosy" the first night I arrived in town. Aunt Micah gets dizzy much faster now that she's nearing 30. Luckily Aaron took turns "making a circle," as the girls called it.


We came across these gingerbread men at WalMart and couldn't pass them up. The girls had a blast decorating with icing, gumdrops, sprinkles, and peppermints. 


The best part, of course, was eating as we went! 



Kyrah loves her Uncle Aaron. She was by his side the entire trip. 


Aaron and I were the only ones that didn't require an outfit change from the mess!


This little Rudolf LOVED the icing! She dove right into the dollop put onto her plate to sample. 


Uncle Aaron is so very snuggly. Perfect for a nap after a sugar high. 


Everyone got in on the fun with these cars the girls got as presents. 


We had so much fun and made a lot of memories. We're missing the family already and are looking forward to our next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment