Aaron did a huge act of service for me yesterday and brought up mom and dad's elliptical and free weights to our house. It's a hassle to drive to the gym and back, and will be even more so of a hassle in med school, so the fact that I'm able to get some cardio in whenever I want/can is such a blessing.
I tried to do the interval workout on the machine this morning, but I'm so out of shape from not consistently working out over the holidays. I could only do half of it before my legs felt like jello, which I can't believe I'm sharing because it's embarrassing, but I'll push myself to do a little more every day until I can finish while maintaining the pace I attempted today.
I also got the newest Shape magazine (my favorite!) at Barnes and Noble yesterday and am excited to try two of the workouts they featured. It's month one of five of their Bikini Body Countdown - I love that they start in February so that you can lose the weight in a healthy manner, gradually, instead of most other magazines, which usually advertise a 4-week plan. That may work for most people, but not those of us who are overweight and have more than 30-40 pounds to lose.
I also just got my first Cooking Light magazine in the mail and have already tried two of the recipes. One was beef tips in a mushroom sauce, and on tonight's menu, roasted chicken with red potatoes. They were delicious! We went to the grocery store today and only bought healthy dinner/lunch/snack options so that there's no temptation lurking in the kitchen.
It's a little overwhelming, but I'm ready to do this once and for all. Especially since Aaron's doing it right along with me. It's hard to cook two different meals for dinner!

No comments:
Post a Comment