Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Cheers and Jeers

My third semester of medical school is officially behind me. The past two weeks have been a roller coaster - physically, mentally, and emotionally. As such, I think it's appropriate to do a Christmas "Cheers and Jeers" post to take you along the ride with me.

JEERS...to the SAC holding their annual Christmas party on our campus. In Founder's Hall. While we took a final in the adjacent section of the building. While I'm sure you thoroughly enjoyed the delicious food, door prizes, and entertainment, we didn't appreciate you doing so smack dab in the middle of finals on display in front of us while excluding us. Or the fact that it was difficult to find a parking spot to take said final. Or that we could hear your emcee and wild audience applause and laughter. Did someone not get a copy of the Academic schedule? I'm hoping next year administration is a bit more sensitive.
Please make as big a disturbance as possible...
CHEERS... to our class Vice President for putting together an amazing Holiday Ball. It was the perfect opportunity to dress up, unwind, and celebrate the rewards of our hard work. This year it was held on the 30th and 31st floors of the Summit Club downtown. The views, food, and dancing were amazing.
After looking homeless for a month solid (at least I did), everyone looked stunning!


We had a few friends over for appetizers before heading to the Ball. The Normans and the Owens enjoyed a well-deserved night out. Special date nights are so much fun!

Isn't she beautiful? This was after my hair turned into a ball of frizz.
 Macee was my other "date." We had an absolute blast tearing it up on the dance floor. I can't dance at all, but I've finally learned to disregard what others think and enjoy myself. It made the night.


A couple of our guy friends went to a thrift store that afternoon to find their Holiday Ball outfits, with hilarious results.

JEERS...to HP/DP (Health Promotion Disease Prevention), a 2 hour filler course in which our class cumulatively earned the lowest exam average of any course all semester. The amount we studied meant next to nothing. How well we guessed on subjective questions? Everything.

CHEERS/JEERS...I can't decide which I'd like to categorize registering for Step 1 boards as. It's exciting, as it's the final step before we begin the clinical portion of our education. It's also just as nerve-racking, as our scores make a big impact on which residencies we're accepted into. 

I'll be spending a lot of quality time with this book next semester

CHEERS...to finally being able to sleep, at any time of day or night, for as long as we wish. To not having to read anything worth any substance (hello, magazines!). And finally, to celebrating my favorite holiday, the birth of my Savior, with those whom I love the most. 

I can't wait to walk into my parent's home to the sight of this!
Merry Christmas Break, everyone! Hope it's full of nothing but "Cheers"

No comments:

Post a Comment