First up? Target for some stocking stuffers and Christmas cards. My mom always makes a special trip to Target for the latter, because it's the only place that carries our absolutely favorite brand, Papyrus. They have the most ornate, intricate, and beautiful creations. I know someone loves me if I see that gold sticker seal!
![]() |
| Glitter and jewels? Yes, please! |
Next we headed to our appointments at Ihloff Salon in Utica Square. My hair hadn't been touched since August and was in desperate need of some attention. I went in for a trim, but ended up getting more than 4 inches hacked off and some layers. It feels so healthy again. As my stylist said, "I love it long, but we don't want it looking homely." Ha! It was getting there...
Mom looked fabulous after her cut and style. Seth gave her pointers on styling, but somehow neither of us can ever replicate what he does. Why is that?
While our hubbies watched a movie and browsed in Barnes and Noble, we picked up the last of the items on our shopping lists at the mall. We love online shopping, but if we can't get free shipping, it's to the stores we go!
When dad and Aaron dropped us off at Woodland Hills, I promptly opened the door and climbed out. However, it was not that easy for my mom. They're still in a rental while waiting for their SUV to be fixed after hitting a 10 point buck on the highway. For about 3 minutes, they went back and forth - Dad pressing the "Unlock" button in the front and Mom pressing the handle at the same time and looking confused. I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. If they're like this in their 40s/50s, what is old age going to look like?!



No comments:
Post a Comment