Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring (Break?)

This is officially the last Spring Break of our lives.
Instead of taking a trip, Aaron and I are spending the week intensely studying for Step 1 boards and paying some much needed attention to our house, which has been neglected for over a month.
After 2 exams and a quiz this past week, lunch with the Normans and their too-adorable-for-words daughter, Hadley, and a double date with my parents on Friday were just the ticket before tackling our to-do list.
That, and 14 hours of sleep total Friday evening and Saturday afternoon. Besides the fact that I had my first dream about boards, my mind finally got the rest it needed.
Today is all about Biochemistry. Big thumbs down. Between First Aid, board review videos, and Poppie's supplemental notes (thank you, Poppie!), it might extend into tomorrow. And maybe Tuesday. Can somebody rescue me?
To break it up, I'm tackling our bedroom during breaks. As my dad used to say to teenage me, "It looks like a hurricane tore through here!" Sadly, that phrase still applies to adult me. Before you judge, go to medical school.
I would post before and after pictures, especially now that my floor is visible, but I fear some of you may never look at me the same again after the sight of the "before."
While I'd much rather be on the slopes or a gorgeous beach, this week is an investment in our future. I hope the dividends are worth it!
If nothing else, our house will no longer qualify for an episode on "Hoarders." Just kidding, y'all, it's not that bad.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not in medical school and my closet always looks like a tornado just hit. :)

    ReplyDelete