Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Dates 1 and 2

Aaron and I recently made a "to-do" list for this holiday season consisting of old traditions and new experiences we considered musts this year.
We've gone on several special dates so far, the first being our night out in Fayetteville several weeks ago.

Lights on the Fayetteville Square
We bundled up the next Saturday evening and grabbed a quick bite to eat at one of our favorite delis before finding a prime viewing spot for Tulsa's Parade of Lights downtown. It was the first evening with a chill in the air, and I was thankful to have my husband as a wind shield as we watched the floats and performers pass us by.  I always get a kick out of watching the reactions of the kids, who inevitably test the boundaries by sneaking farther and farther into the street. :)


The parade passed by the BOK Center, which is the site of Arvest's Winterfest. They set up an ice rink each year, and Aaron and I have another date planned to go ice skating one afternoon this month. This night, however, we enjoyed a spectacular fireworks display after the parade's end in honor of Winterfest's fifth year. 
Hot chocolate in hand, snuggled up with my honey, and witnessing the night sky explode with vivid color as the echoes bounced off the skyscrapers behind us. It was a magical night. 


Afterward, we took a leisurely drive through several Tulsa neighborhoods in search of festive outdoor displays. I don't think it's possible for me to ever tire of Christmas lights... which is why we also have a date to Rhema planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment