Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Turkey Day

It has been a busy couple of weeks! I'll be playing catch-up on the blog for awhile, beginning today with Thanksgiving (or Turkey Day, as Aaron calls it).
We were fortunate to be given Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday off to celebrate the beginning of the holiday season with family.
We arrived in Tahlequah late Wednesday night to find the fridge stocked with the beginnings of our favorite dishes - my mother begins prepping days in advance. Lots of yummy goodness was to come!


It is officially a Nolan/Meigs family get together if there are as many desserts as side dishes. Mom tried Paula Deen's Pumpkin Pie recipe with cream cheese this year in addition to the family staple - delish! Dirt cake, apple fritter cake, german chocolate brownies, lemon sour cream pie, and (my favorite) pecan pie cobbler rounded out the selection.


Everyone pitched in to put the meal together that fed the 20+ of us.


My two favorite boys spent some quality time together shooting Bryce's pellet gun and talking about paintball, while Bailey told me all about the design scheme for her new room and why she no longer likes Justin Bieber (too many tattoos...and he sags!).


The best part of Thanksgiving, of course, is time spent with family I don't often see. I love this moment I captured of my mom and grandpa.

My favorites :)


I do believe this picture was a first, capturing most of the women in attendance (and those that avoid the camera at all costs!). Love these ladies, and looking forward to seeing them again at Christmas!
Happy (very) belated Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment