Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lately

With the passing of the holidays and Aaron's birthday (month), the husband and I are beginning to settle into our average day-to-day routine, minus a few exceptions.

1. We scheduled our first audition rotations today! For those of you who may be unfamiliar with the term, audition rotations are essentially periods of 2-4 weeks spent working with the residency programs to which you're interested in applying. You get to know them, and vise verse.
It's a daunting task, attempting to coordinate rotations in 2 specialties at 6 different sites in 4 different states in a period of 4 months with your husband. I begin to hyperventilate if I let my mind dwell on the process too long.
Nevertheless, God is already moving mountains in 2013!

2. Speaking of mountains, I successfully moved past a significant barrier in my path to becoming a physician: deciding upon my specialty. It's a wonder it wasn't blatantly obvious from the beginning, but I'll reveal my choice in another post.

3. My car now makes horrible noises when I start it, when I'm accelerating, when it's idling...basically all the time. I'm afraid it's dying. We may not be able to make it to residency without purchasing a new car after all. This both excites me (new car!) and depresses me (more loans!).

1 comment: