One of my favorite holidays is the Fourth of July. It brings to mind memories of becoming a prune in the pool, hot dogs and hamburgers fresh off the grill, parents visiting in the shade, and smoke bombs and parachutes in anticipation of darkness, when the real show begins. Though I've transitioned from the pool to the shade, I still can't wait for the sun to set every year.
My cousin and her family recently moved back to Tahlequah and resumed the role of host of the festivities. It had become a tradition, and I was so excited to celebrate with my family again for the first time in three years!
 |
| Visiting poolside |
 |
| Macee with Chloe...she needs a dog so bad! |
 |
| I played with this little cutie for awhile. It's precious babies like this one that make me hate having to wait so long to have my own! |
 |
| Mom with my Grandpa Cooie. He's a highly decorated WWII veteran - we owe so much to this generation, and to those who have bravely sacrificed since. |
 |
| My two favorite boys. You won't find better hearts! |
 |
| Misty and Macee lining up the order of events. Misty was more excited than her kids! |
 |
| Misty and Bryce - I love these two so much! |
We had quite the show! My favorites? The ones that appear as if they're raining glitter. No matter how old the audience, there's just something magical about fireworks that captivates each individual as if they were kids again. It may just be my perception, though I hope it's true - the best part of 4th of July
is feeling like a kid again!
No comments:
Post a Comment