| Macee trying to contain her excitement on the way to the theater! |
We ate dinner at Cheddar's with fellow Potter fans and friends Sarah and Elliot and dropped by Target for some drastically cheaper movie snacks before the flick. Thank goodness for Sour Patch Kids, Rainbow Nerds, Reese's Pieces, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites - I needed the sugar high to stay alert.
I have a history of being placed next to the most annoying people in any theater. It's a knack, really. At the Deathly Hallows Part 1 premiere, I got no studying in line or in the hour prior to previews due to a band of local teenagers that were apparently part of the Harry Potter musical cast. They brought a guitar and acted out scenes, forcing the audience to grudgingly engage their attention.
This go round, a lovely bunch of junior high kids - braces, boyfriends and all - sat in the row directly behind us. Was I that loud at that age? There was a gem of a moment, however. A gawky, awkward boy going through a voice change whining, "Man, I have to wear my 3D glasses over my real glasses." Supportive friend: "Its ok, my dad has to do that, too." Macee, in all her doubled-layered glasses glory, looked over at me and said, "Wa-wa-wa...the cool kids do it too!"
| Glasses over glasses is cool factor to the fourth power |
We will officially be able to tell our kids that we were there for the midnight showing of the last, oh, 4 movies, the finale being in the IMAX. Then, I'm sure, they'll say, "What's an IMAX?"

No comments:
Post a Comment