It's over. The single worst period of time since first semester of first year. Aaron and I are officially halfway to our goal of becoming physicians after taking Step 1 boards.
We spent between 10 and 16 hours per day with our noses in books and ears attuned to review videos as we highlighted away and prayed that we were absorbing it all. It was difficult to try to find the balance between speed and comprehension/retention.
The amount of information we needed to cover at first seemed insurmountable; though we could have spent an entire year preparing, we look back with no regrets, knowing that we were diligent in our studies and worked as hard as mentally and physically possible.
It's a good feeling, knowing you can ask God to bless the work of your hands because you've done your part.
It's also a good feeling to know that we're on a 3 week vacation, and rotations lie just around the corner.
I received this fortune in my cookie at P.F. Chang's today:
I'm choosing to believe it's referring to my board scores. We shall see!


No comments:
Post a Comment