Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sister's Day Out

After celebrating my mom's birthday and Father's day last Friday evening in Tulsa, Macee stayed the night with us and we had a girl's day on Saturday. 
First up? Purple Glaze, a paint-your-own-pottery studio on Brookside. 

So many options!
 As it was only my second time, I was a bit intimidated to do anything too complicated, so I stuck with a simple game plan of a red base and safari burst on top of my square plate. I need to brainstorm in advance next time - it's too much pressure to be creative on the spot!

It's amazing what this turns into...
 Macee thought ahead and free-handed dinosaurs on a coffee mug from a picture she downloaded on her phone. A "kaleidoscope" finish rounded it out. She's so artistic. And fun.


Before...
 We went to pick them up today and I couldn't help but smirk as Macee said to one of the employees, "It has dinosaurs on it and the kaleidoscope paint..." That's why she's such a joy - she still hasn't lost the fun and wonderment from childhood that most of us have!

After! SOO cute - and very Macee!
 We stopped at Quick Trip for a 69 cent fountain drink and Icee. It's just not summer unless you've had one. I don't know anyone who loves QT more than my sister.


Our final stop was at Anthropologie in Utica Square for a little browsing. Macee found several items she added to her birthday list, as did I. 
Love spending time with my sister, and can't wait to see her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment