Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 28, 2012

Princess for a Day...or Two

My rotation preceptor (doctor) this month attended a board review course in Chicago for his upcoming board re-certification process, which meant I had several days off. Unfortunately, I had some nasty chest congestion preventing me from taking full advantage of the break.
The hubs called me on his lunch break and ordered me to go shopping. I've been drooling over a pair of flats and a necklace that I had placed on my Christmas wish list, but Aaron insisted I not wait and told me not to come home without them. Yes, this was a real life occurrence.

My gorgeous statement necklace from Ann Taylor. LOOOOVE!
I hardly ever purchase anything for myself - I have a bit of a problem justifying most of the products I want as practical. It was lovely to be able to run to the mall and walk out with not just one, but two non-essential accessories rather than just browsing as I usually do. Is that what life after medical school will be like - seeing something I want and buying it right then and there?

A princess needs some sparkle in her life, and these flats are just the ticket :)
Even more lovely was my husband's heart and desire to spoil me. He went a step further the next day when I arrived home from work to a Fall-scented candle and adorable pumpkin candle holder. His reason for the little surprise? "Because I love you, and it's Fall."
My house smells like the season now!
Just-because presents are the best! 
I officially felt like a princess (and texted him the sentiment multiple times) deeply loved by her prince. :)
It's the expression of love in the ways each of us recognize them that helps keep our marriage strong. I always want to feel as if we're still dating. A lofty ideal? Maybe, but I'm willing to put in the work to make it a reality. And apparently, so is my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment