Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 5, 2011

Birthday Week

I turned 26 this week, and I've already managed to have three celebrations with one more on the way. My sister and I are birthday professionals in that sense.
Great family movie! I'm in love with this era.
Last Saturday, my parents and sister came to town to spend the day with me since they had to work on my actual birthday. We ate lunch at Dilly Deli downtown, explored J. Spencer Jewelry and Gifts in Utica Square for the first time (fabulous!), and watched Captain America in 3D before eating dinner at Fish Daddy's. It was a full day of fun! I came home with a new silver necklace and gorgeous studs to match - my mom and I decided J. Spencer is a must-stop on our holiday shopping trip list.
Aaron went shopping late last week for my birthday presents, and his typical behavior ensued. He says he is not a gift giver, but he undoubtedly becomes one for me. As soon as the gifts are bought and wrapped, I am pleaded daily to open at least one present. I am and have always been a stickler for waiting until the actual holiday to open presents, but he makes it so hard to resist the temptation! I love that he gets so excited to see my reaction when I unveil his gifts - I know that I'm the apple of his eye.
This is what I was forced to say "No" to for 4 days! Torture!
I went on a Dillard's Sale shopping spree courtesy of my husband as part of my birthday. I snagged a pair of red patent wedges, black peep-toe pumps, a one-shoulder dress and a picture frame for a little over $100 - the full retail total was $300! If that's not a shopping score, I don't know what is.

I squealed when these goodies arrived on my front porch!
On my actual birthday, I awoke to the smell of biscuits baking in the oven. Aaron had arisen early and gone to the store so that he could make me breakfast. OJ, biscuits, and my favorite - hashbrowns - were the perfect start to my day. He also brought me a cream cheese brownie from the bakery down the street for later in the day. Delicious!

We saw a matinee of Cowboys and Aliens, which was a great action flick; there wasn't a dull moment. As a special treat, we bought buttered popcorn and a Dr. Pepper to share. It was the first time in quite a while that we'd seen a movie alone as a couple. I had forgotten how much I love movie dates with my hubs!
We ate dinner with a few of our closest friends at Charleston's, where I got one of my favorite entrees, the Walt's Champagne Chicken Salad. If you haven't tried it, do! We all split a yummy Lemon Drop Cheesecake slice for dessert, complete with the Happy Birthday song and a candle, and then headed to an old favorite, McNellie's, to visit afterwards. We finished the evening at Arnie's patio, where Sean and Jason spent well over 30 minutes discussing the superiority of OU and OSU, respectively. Macee and I chatted about puppies, school, and miscellaneous subjects during that time period. When the patio lights went out, we knew to call it a night.
It was one of the best birthdays I've ever had thanks to family and friends. The only thing missing? My mom and dad, and hearing my 'birthday story'. I get to celebrate with them again on Monday evening, so I'll just have to pretend it's my birthday again. I think I can manage. ;)


Above are the presents I resisted opening (except for the Papyrus note cards) for nearly a week. Will power! Aaron got me a new set of white antiqued dinnerware and 2 more frames. And, of course, I had a pair of birthday panties from my mommy!
The biggest surprise of the day? I got the purse I previously blogged about that I wanted to use as a doctor bag! I was hoping to save up gift cards and money to buy the beauty, but Aaron's parents generously called and had it wrapped here in Tulsa. Needles to say, there was screaming, giggling, and jumping after opening that package. I'm in love with the craftsmanship and leather, and can't wait for our first Clinical Skills exam! Well, maybe I can...
Am I still spoiled if I truly appreciate the effort and thought behind every act and gift? I am blessed beyond measure. 26 is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment