This year, I chose chicken enchiladas, guacamole and salsa, with blueberry cobbler for dessert. We stuffed ourselves over a "princess" table scape. I may be deemed by some to be too old to have a princess party (I am officially 26), but there will always be a (big) part of me that still loves pink and purple and sparkles. That part of me shone through this year.
| Didn't my sister do a fabulous job decorating? I loved the wands and crystals! |
Macee took the time to make a mini-album of pictures of me as a little girl, including one of my first birthday party. It was one of my favorite details.
I wore my crown during presents and the Happy Birthday song!
The tutu above has been around for over 20 years. I wore it nearly daily for a good chunk of my "princess" years, after which it was passed down to Macee. We spent many an hour twirling and waving for our daddy, as is evident by the missing sequins, tulle, and several small holes. I loved that Macee adorned my chair with such a cherished childhood item.
My parents, sister, and husband certainly made me feel like a princess, just as they always do. The food, fellowship, and gifts these past few weeks created some amazing memories. However, what I treasure the most from my birthday festivities are the cards I received. I best express myself verbally, and thus it means so very much when someone takes the time to do the same. Those words and emotions, felt specifically at that point in their lives, are inscribed upon a lovely card for me to revisit at any time I wish. And what was said by each loved one this year will be revisited time and time again.

This made me cry! How sweet!!! Happy Birthday, Micah!
ReplyDelete