Blacktovember - the name several of us have assigned to the remainder of this month and the first two weeks of November. In the next 8 days, we have 5 exams, 1 practical, and 2 quizzes. That cycle will be repeated several times before we can breathe again for an extended period of time.
In college, the same calendar view would have been deemed doable. In medical school, where every major exam feels equivalent to the MCAT, it's a nightmare.
So for the next month, I will be sustained late into the night by 5-Hour Energies, 100-calorie popcorn, and the occasional glance at Facebook to remind myself that life exists outside of these library walls.
 |
| That, my friends, is what focus looks like ;) |
My consolation? As a classmate wisely stated, "The only thing worse than being in medical school is not being in medical school." I'm privileged to be here, and I need to be reminded of that every so often. Especially during Blacktovember.
No comments:
Post a Comment