The topic? Babies!
Dr. Johnson and a first year resident taught us the proper delivery technique and steps to take in several emergency situations. I feel as if I have a head start to my OB/GYN rotation next year, and it makes me so excited to experience my first delivery!
The one thing I'm not excited about catching? The placenta.
Aaron was a natural. However, he will not be catching our babies, and not just because it's not professionally accepted. I want him to be by my face, safely protected from seeing anything that may prevent him from looking at me the same way ever again.
Perfect form
The other station had a "baby", whose vital signs could be manipulated, hooked up to a monitor. It was our job to prevent respiratory distress and oxygen deprivation through breathers and intubation. It was a stressful situation, even knowing it was simulated. I don't think I'm cut out for Pediatrics. Aaron and I are happy we took the course, as it covered topics we don't normally get in our curriculum and offered amazing hands-on experiences. Less than a year and the simulations will become reality!

No comments:
Post a Comment