Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 7, 2011

It's the Small Things

In a weird way, I enjoy the Sunday before a big exam. Yes, anxiety begins to creep in as time runs out, and there's a good possibility that I won't be enjoying a good 7 hours of sleep before my alarm beeps, but there's a trend that I can't deny.
They are by far my most profitable days of the semester.
I attribute it to supernatural focus...and fear that I will not be able to look over that last table or lecture one last time if I waste a single minute in the day.
Yesterday, I:
1. Re-read each of the four chapters covered in this Pathology unit, studied the figures, and re-worked the problems associated with all of them

The "board bible"
2. Washed and folded 4 loads of laundry. No, they didn't get put away, but I'm still celebrating the accomplishment.
3. Cleaned my bathroom. I love starting the week off with a sparkling sink and toilet and spot-free mirror. The same cannot be said for my husband, who generally only cleans his bathroom if we are expecting company. Thank goodness we're having friends over for a game night this Friday.
I love these wipes for tidying up between weekly cleanings. I use them in practically every room of the house!

4. Washed my hair...and shaved. For some of you, this might not be considered a small victory. For a medical student with a major impending exam the next day, any steps taken beyond soap and body wash are to be applauded.
In my book, this Sunday was a huge success.
While today won't be nearly as profitable as we just finished a two-hour mental marathon, yesterday's accomplishments should get me through the next exam on Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment