Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree

Like most people, I feel as if I blink and the holidays have come and gone. Between finals and traveling to visit relatives, Aaron and I aren't home much to enjoy Christmas decor before it's time to take it down.
This year, I started earlier than ever before so as to extend the holiday season as much as possible.
The tree is my favorite Christmas decoration, and was thus my first project.
After two trips to Hobby Lobby yesterday and a ribbon bow tutorial on the internet, my creation is now complete.

Ta-Da!
The first year we were married, we started out with mostly old ornaments my mom was kind enough to donate - thank goodness we have the same taste! Every year we purchase about a dozen new ornaments to make the tree our own. The gold ribbon was another new addition this year. Soon it will be all "ours." 


I put on one of my favorite Christmas albums, Mariah's "Merry Christmas," and belted out some carols (and of course, "All I Want for Christmas is You") while I decked the halls. 
It is now officially the holiday season in my mind, and I can't wait for the many traditions it brings. Next on my holiday to-do list: a wreath. I'm feeling that holiday spirit!



No comments:

Post a Comment