Despite a sinus infection, Aaron and I had a fabulous time with my parents in Tahlequah and on our little getaway to Fayetteville to visit my sister. Here's a recap:
Thursday
Aaron tinkered with the Tahoe, which has been leaking antifreeze, before we headed home. We just had the transmission replaced (ouch), and now the air conditioning is not working. This would be fine if the AC in my car was working, but that went out last summer and we didn't have the grand to repair it. One of the good things about medical school is that it puts many things into perspective. Instead of getting very upset and throwing a mini tantrum/pity party of sorts, I just laughed and enjoyed the perfect weather with the windows down on the drive. It's things like this that I'm sure I will refer to many times in the future when our kids complain about material things.My mom had decorated the dinner table for St. Patty's day and it was so cute! I forgot to take a picture, but if she posts it on facebook I'll steal it. We had roast with potatoes and gravy and the most fabulous beer bread you've ever tasted. I knew I was home.
Friday
Aaron and dad saw a movie while Mom and I shopped at the mall. She bought me a leopard print cardigan in gorgeous shades of yellow and gray that will complete my Easter outfit, as well as some amazing earrings and a pair of sunglasses - all for under $40 after sales and coupon calculations. Full price? We laugh in the face of it. We then saw Unknown. I love Liam Neeson, and he didn't disappoint. There was a twist in the plot near the end of the movie that none of us saw coming (and my dad always sees them coming). Definitely worth your money.
Macee came back and spent some time with us at the hotel and showed us this video, which has been deemed as possibly one of the worst. Of all time. Let me just say I would never be able to show my face again in public, and that whoever funded this train wreck can kiss that investment goodbye. Bless her heart.
Saturday
We perused Pack Rat, a store in Fayetteville that has anything and everything for outdoor adventures. Mom ordered some Chacos and dad found some shoes for their upcoming trip to Turkey and Greece. Can't wait until Aaron and I have the funds to join them...We watched a matinee viewing of The Lincoln Lawyer. It was hands down one of the best movies I've seen in the last few years. Suspenseful, full of action, great plot, excellent acting, and an ending that makes you want to slow clap. Best of all, there was no nudity and little profanity, which is sadly a rarity these days. Funny, when a movie has substance there's no need to add these things!
I want to cry when I realize I won't get to spend time with my family like this again for another two months. The funeral march is playing in my head as I think of the reality that will be waiting for me tomorrow morning...



No comments:
Post a Comment