Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birthday(s)!

Yesterday was a busy day, full of birthday celebrations and big changes. The morning began when my parents picked Aaron and I up and we headed down the road to Stillwater. My sister's masters program begins in the fall, but she got a head start to becoming familiar with the town as we moved her in to her new apartment yesterday.
 Aaron treating my mom for the sciatica she developed on the long plane ride home from Germany. It only took me 5 minutes to position her correctly when I had my turn...she's one of those patients. She worried it would be awkward for Aaron. We laughed, thinking about all of the awkward positions we had to put our classmates in and be put into ourselves this year.
 This is what Aaron and dad did all afternoon...
 And this is pretty much what we did all afternoon!
It was also Dad's 51st birthday, so we ate some delicious Mexican at El Guapo's downtown when we got back to Tulsa. I asked my father for what he wished this year, and he responded that he was content. I can't help but think how rarely people find themselves in that position, and it blesses my heart that he loves his family and job so much. According to him, life truly does get better every year!
Another special person, Miss Kyrah, had her first birthday party yesterday in Arkansas. Unfortunately, we were unable to make it, but her mom posted pictures last night and I have to share a few to show off our beautiful nieces. 
Rihanna's 3rd birthday party earlier this year. She did not like Elmo in person!
Birthday girl!
I adore this picture. I believe it's obvious that this baby doll is her favorite present by far. She's in awe!
 To cap off the day, I baked some Funfetti cupcakes in honor of birthday memories in my past. While they were in the oven, Aaron and I swayed on the front porch swing, watching the rain and taking in the scents of summer. I never want it to end.
Happy birthday, Kyrah and Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment