Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Reading

Many physicians say that after medical school they no longer read for pleasure, despite being avid readers before. After experiencing my first year, I can see the reason behind this and the possibility of joining the club after graduation. Therefore, one of my summer goals is to devour as many books as I please. I've been averaging about one novel every two days, so it was time to replenish my unread stash.


One of the reasons I love to read is to escape my thoughts for awhile. My favorite genre of books is thrillers. They can be a little graphic, but I love the suspense and the many twists and turns authors like John Sandford and James Patterson incorporate. I've read 17 of the current 21 books in the Prey series, and I can't wait to get my hands on these and reintroduce myself to Lucas Davenport and other characters. 


I'm taking a chance on this series, which I hope will resemble my favorite television show, Criminal Minds. They sound goosebump-inducing and will hopefully keep me up late into the night. That's the mark of a good thriller - swearing you'll read only one more chapter, discovering the details in the last paragraph (or sentence), and feverishly flipping the page to find out what happens next. Here's to many 2 a.m. bedtimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment