The past week has been saturated with family, just as I'd hoped this summer would be. Macee stays with us often, and we've formed our own miniature family unit. While her visits are frequent, it's very rare that we see Aaron's family. They've only been to Tulsa once, for our White Coat Ceremony last August, so my husband was very excited when he learned they were coming up for the weekend. We had a wonderful time catching up with them, and I know it meant a lot to Aaron to spend quality time with his parents.
 |
| Aaron with his dad, King, and his mom, Laura |
My parents returned from their two week tour of Turkey and Greece on Saturday evening. I've been dying to post some of the details of their fascinating trip; unfortunately, I don't trust people enough to announce to the public when they're not home. Isn't that sad?
As soon as we finished lunch with Aaron's parents on Sunday, we drove down to Tahlequah to hear about their travels... so many stories, laughs, and tidbits to share. My mom emailed us nearly every day, and I'll share bits of those emails with you along with their tales and some pictures next week. While they were definitely already on our travel list, Turkey and Greece have now moved up in priority!
After returning home, Aaron and I cuddled up on the new couch and watched The Voice, one of our new favorite shows. It's so refreshing to hear people that can actually sing! If you haven't been tuning in, make sure to do so next week. It's highly entertaining.
After a busy week with family, I need some alone time with the hubs!
No comments:
Post a Comment