Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 13, 2011

THIS is why I want to be a doctor

I happened upon a blog written by my cousin-in-law this afternoon, and one of her posts caught my eye. Her family is very close to an incredible soldier that was severely wounded overseas. He was the first patient of Operation Mend, a partnership between several hospitals that serves to treat the debilitating injuries faced by our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. They focus on plastic surgery and hand surgery.
In the video below, the young man explains his experience and how the surgeries - a total of 60 so far - have impacted his life and livelihood.
I can't help but hear about these programs and be anxious to be able to serve such deserving people as these doctors are able to do. I can think of no greater privilege than to use my training to improve lives in the U.S. and abroad.
The opportunities are endless. I can't wait for what God has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment