Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Breakdowns and Brownies

This past Thursday afternoon our class was scheduled to begin the first of several labs involving injections and IVs. I was looking forward to practicing stabbing Aaron with a needle intramuscularly (just kidding), but we ended up not making it due to problems with not just one of our cars, but both.
So thankful for friends who go out of their way to give us a jump!
The repairs on my Jeep ended up costing $500 and were just the latest in a string of problems my Jeep has had the past few years. We've already spent about $2000 on repairs this semester alone on the Tahoe and Jeep combined, and Aaron and I are to the point of exasperation.
We've been lucky that our cars have seemed to alternate working and shutting down (until this past week), but we realized one reliable car is a necessity for our upcoming rotations.
Therefore, after seeking advice from my parents, we made a big decision: We're getting a new car! Not until July/August, when rotations begin, but it's on the horizon.

Aaron initially wanted a Challenger (and so did I), but the features we'd want with it are out of our price range. I've promised him that it's in the cards for residency.
I think we're going to end up settling on the Hyundai Sonata. The warranty is second-to-none and the bang for your buck is one of the best in its category in the industry. Reliability and affordability: check!


Despite the car stress, it's been a good week. I tried out several new recipes, both of which were huge successes.
I found a Butterfinger Blondies recipe on Pinterest (surprise!) and whipped them up minus the icing last Sunday evening. Aaron loved them, and he's not big on sweets. I think the icing might have put them over the top...which means my mom would've loved that version. ;) Thank goodness I can always unload my baked goodies at the school so I don't have to try to resist them for a week!
I also tried a Hot Bean Dip today that was delicious and perfect for game days.
On tonight's menu? Steak, courtesy of Reasor's big meat sale, corn, and baked potatoes. Yum!
Our pathology exam is on Monday and we've been alternating watching stretches of football games with study sessions. It's going to be a long night!

1 comment:

  1. I bet the Hyandai will be a great vehicle! I have heard really good things about their price and quality. I am a Honda girl myself - of course I never owned a new new car, but would love to have one just a couple years old. I love the jap vehicles. you just can't beat their mechanics. Yay new cars!

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete