I was instructed to try to interpret CTs, MRIs, and plain films by myself Friday morning before presenting my "findings." My sentiments echo the picture above perfectly.
I witnessed achalasia, a hiatal hernia, several fractures, and gathered a few tips on differentiating between normal and pathologic findings.
Aaron had the opportunity to perform 2 knee injections, scope a knee, and sew a patient up.
Yesterday afternoon we attended our first set of resident lectures. The first was presented by the Director of the Internal Medicine Residency program at TCH and covered mesenteric (bowel) infarctions; a rare case had come through the hospital the night before. We sat at the end of the conference table, the only two in the room with short white coats rather than long and no title before our name. The residents sat in an ordered hierarchy of sorts, and we were at the bottom of the totem pole. No where to go but up from here :)
The first week was definitely a learning experience for both of us, and I can't wait to see what this next week has in store!
Hopefully a little more confidence...


No comments:
Post a Comment