Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 9, 2012

Rotation Routine

We've developed a routine of sorts after a week on our first rotation. One that I quite enjoy.
We're currently working in different departments, so we often aren't able to meet up for lunch at the same time. I've been meeting my parents instead for a little midday chat before returning to the hospital for the afternoon, and Aaron grabs a quick bite whenever his schedule allows. 
We're usually sent home for the day at different times,  but today we finished up within minutes of each other and Aaron came down to see me, fresh out of a hip replacement surgery. I must admit, my heart fluttered the moment I saw him. Doesn't he look like he belongs in the OR?

I'm so proud to be this handsome man's wife!
His feet are on the large side, so he rips several pairs of booties each time before successfully sliding them over his shoes. I'm thinking we might need to replace those exposed laces fairly often...
I, on the other hand, stayed nice and clean today. From discovering metastasis of prostate cancer to the liver, to shortness of breath and atelectasis, to checking healing progress of fractures, I came across a lot of variety. I feel like I'm asking a question every 10 minutes, but it doesn't seem to be annoying anyone, and I'm soaking up the clinical knowledge like a sponge.
After arriving home, we gather around the dinner table with my parents and share the details of our days. Every. Single. Detail...because my mom doesn't want to miss a moment! I do believe it's my favorite part of our new-found routine...as well as my mom's. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds super interesting and exhausting learning all the new information.

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete