Even though I've lived only an hour away my entire life, and directly in the city for three years, I had never experienced the Tulsa State Fair until tonight.
My sister made the trip to town with two friends in her master's program and we met up for our first "ride" on the Sky Train.
We then spotted the red velvet funnel cakes, which we had heard were divine. I can officially concur.
I used to love roller coasters and thrill rides; unfortunately, neither I nor Aaron can handle them anymore. Macee was happy to have a ride buddy in Caitlin, and I was happy to hold her purse and take pictures.
First up was the Starship 2000, followed by The Viper. Macee's favorite part of the latter also happened to be the part I felt sick just watching.
Jocelyn's father and brother raise and sell show cows. We stopped by to visit and meet Buddy, who had been primped and fluffed and was looking very handsome. He showed his appreciation for our company by pooping during our petting encounter. :)
After parting with my sister and her friends, Aaron and I made the rest of the evening a date night. It was perfect timing, as it had just gotten dark and the park was glowing from the lights of the attractions. We took a stroll through the maze of people, booths and rides and stopped at various points along the way to sample the typical (and not so typical) fair food. We shared roasted corn on the cob, a polish sausage, ribbon fries (delish!), and a corn dog. Yum! Thank goodness the fair only comes once a year.
I am proud to say my husband accompanied me on my first official fair date. I love that 7 years into our relationship, we still have "firsts." I hope we'll be able to say that again and again over our lifetimes!

No comments:
Post a Comment