![]() |
| My new roomie :) |
The best part of the deal (for me) is that we get to be roomies for the next 2 months! I'm loving all the time we've gotten to spend together already.
I've been in a crafty mood, so a trip to Hobby Lobby has been in the works for some time. I've seen so many wreaths on Pinterest lately that I was inspired to make my own for the season. I was very pleased with the result! A Christmas wreath is next on my crafting list.We spent last night taking in the sights, sounds, and tastes of Oktoberfest. It's become a tradition of ours - this year marks our third annual trip! Aaron sampled a potato pancake with applesauce, a bratwurst with sauerkraut, chicken sausage, and a strudel. A German feast!
We ran into several friends from school that we haven't seen in several months and with whom we enjoyed catching up. I was only hit in the head twice with pennies, which I deem a success for the evening - if you're unfamiliar with the traditions, you must put the festival on your calendar next year to experience them yourself! After a few rounds of shouting, "Oy, Oy, Oy!" and doing the chicken dance, we headed back home for the evening and collapsed in bed.
Today, Macee started working on her Halloween costume. We found some amazing accessories at Dollar Tree that will make her outfit pop. It is sure to be a showstopper. Can you tell what she's going to be?
Aaron and I bought some mini pumpkins at Target several days ago; we got out markers and pens and glitter and went to town glitzing them up this afternoon.
| Aaron's creation: glow-in-the-dark paint covered in orange glitter |
I'm not even going to attempt to vacuum/sweep up all the glitter until I'm sure my crafty mood has passed. I only hope I don't look like a tween the next few days from all the sparkle that's been trekked over the house.
Pumpkin carving and caramel apples are on our itinerary this week. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Fall?!




No comments:
Post a Comment