The floor is separated into two divisions - one for those with dementia-related issues, and the other for those who function at a higher level. No matter what "side" I'm on, it's difficult not to feel down sometimes due to the circumstances my patients are in. I hate seeing that they're anxious, depressed, or agitated due to factors we often can't control, though we try. I hate that they desperately wish to go home, though I know where they're sent after we discharge them is rarely ever what they've called home for years.
![]() |
| These words of wisdom are written on a dry erase board in the nurse's station |
I was sure I would abhor this month, but it has pleasantly surprised me. It's also made me grateful for my mental and physical health and that of my family.
Keep the humor to keep smiling despite your circumstances. It is critical!


No comments:
Post a Comment