Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 21, 2011

Case of the Mondays

There's nothing worse than beginning the week with an 8:00 am Physiology double-exam covering a good 17 chapters in the book. Well, maybe ending the previous week with a Physiology marathon. Password to unlock the exam: start (security is obviously extremely high on this professor's priority list). 80 questions and one hour later and a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. Not only was I one Phys test down, TWO were now behind me. That is the only positive comment I have to say about the decision to combine those exams.
I skipped the two hours of Clinical Skills lecture and instead worked out and showered (washed that exam right out of my hair). Apparently I missed the horror-fest that was the powerpoint presentation. The majority of the feeds on my facebook were to the effect of "definitely crossed Dermatology off my list" or "Dermo = ewww." And after Clinical Skills Lab this afternoon where we watched the Dermatologist examine the growths and rashes of two very gracious elderly patients for 40 minutes, complete with closeups of said growths via videocamera, I can now officially join the bandwagon. Eww. Gross. Crossed Dermatology off my list. I definitely do not want to spend my days looking at "wisdom spots" (scaly moles!!) and checking out seventy-year-old (or fifty-year-old, or 30-year-old) butts for abnormalities. I thought about posting a mild illustration from this morning's presentation, but I remembered it made medical students gag. You're welcome.
There has been a highlight in this sleep-deprived, wisdom-spotted start to the week: babies! Yesterday one of my classmates brought his absolutely adorable baby girl Hadley to the school to pick up some books and I got to hold the little munchkin and kiss those chubby cheeks! Today, another classmate's wife and son Jai came up to have lunch with him and I got to chat with them for a few minutes. The only one I haven't seen is Mister Jai's girlfriend, Hadley (yes, there are 2 Hadley's! what are the odds?!). Aaron and I may have to wait much longer than we want to have kids of our own, but if I keep getting my baby fixes in then I think I can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment