This week has been rather eventful, but nothing has been particularly exciting except for Valentine's Day. Since Micah described this in detail, I think I will just talk about a few things that have been on my mind.
In preparation for Valentine's Day, I was researching Bible verses about love and marriage. In doing so, I came across one that I have liked for a while: Proverbs 5:18-19
18 Let your fountain be blessed,
And rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19 As a loving hind and a graceful doe,
Let her breasts satisfy you at all times;
Be exhilarated always with her love.
This passage reiterates how a husband should view his wife. She should be exhilarating to you. She should be someone you are excited to spend every day of your life with. I am extremely lucky to have found someone like this. I also like that Solomon described the wife as a doe. Men what do you do with a deer? You hunt it. To more accurately relate this to a woman, you could replace "hunt" with "pursue." Women need to be continually pursued by their mate, and I am ecstatic that I have figured this out. Just doing the little things you used to do while dating make a world of difference in showing your wife that you love her. Finally, I think the most important aspect of this passage is that it affirms that Solomon was wise-he was a boob man.

WELL SAID SON-IN-LAW!
ReplyDelete