Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Evacuation

Today was our OMM Midterm covering the hip and sacrum. Blah. I know it's horrible, but I will likely not use OMM (Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine) much in my practice besides the occasional HVLA (popping) and inhibitory pressure. So I get irritated having to spend several hours studying the diagnosis and treatment of a sacral torsion when I could be studying Cardio Phys or Neuro. Personal opinion aside, I was happy to be paired with the hubs for the practical portion of our exam. I palpated and diagnosed his L on R Sacral Torsion and R Upsheared Innominant like a pro. Done with OMM until finals: check!
Since the weather was so nice and we finished early for the day, we rewarded ourselves with a nice long walk along the river. We talked about moving downtown, plans for the summer, and how random it is to be pooped on by a bird (the latter topic arose after a wet bug slapped my face and a moment of disgusted panic ensued). I don't think I've soaked up that much sunshine since...hmmm...before fall semester began. It was glorious! We passed the city construction workers, who, coincidentally, were in the exact same relaxed positions as when we had strolled past in the opposite direction 30 minutes earlier, and headed back into the building. As soon as we stepped in, we were told by a security guard to promptly exit and noticed the fire alarms going off. School was evacuated (including those taking their OMM practical) and a firetruck pulled up front and everything. Sad consensus: it was the most exciting thing to happen to all of us since snowpocalypse. They need to schedule dancing firemen or feed us pixie sticks (crack cocaine for toddlers on Toddlers and Tiaras) or something to pull us out of the zombie-like state we've been stuck in for weeks because it's official: our minds have evacuated the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment