While most everyone else will surely be posting "What I'm Loving Wednesday," I'm taking a different route and giving you a tour of my new home. It's smaller than I'd like and doesn't have much (any) natural light, but hey, it's a study carrel buried in an underground library.
I hired an interior designer (I paid myself in cupcakes) who decorated the 'walls' with pictures of my family and friends attached to decorative scrapbook paper. The pictures help make the little cubicle more colorful and less depressing. More importantly, they remind me of one of the primary reasons I've chosen this temporary hell (maybe a little harsh, but some days it sure does feel like it): to fulfill the purpose for which my loved ones have given me constant support, and to one day bless them in more ways than I can count.
If you've read my blog since I began posting in January, this is the 'craft project' we constructed in Neuro lab after our first exam. It didn't make the fridge, but it did make the carrel. I'm saving it for my future children to hang above their cribs as a mobile...actually, it will be deposited in the trash shortly after finals. :)
Kleenexes for my ever-present allergies, vanilla diet Dr. Pepper from Sonic, and a pink highlighter. These are the things that get me through the day.
Our second Neuroanatomy exam is coming up this next Tuesday. They've warned us that the difficulty level will be much greater than the first exam, so everyone is in a bit of a panic mode that I'm sure will escalate through the weekend. I started last night and will probably be putting in 5 to 6 hours a day in addition to lectures/lab between learning the brainstem for this class and memorizing characteristics and mechanisms of 118 viruses for the Microbiology exam next Friday. Spring Break cannot come fast enough...and until then, this is where you'll find me!

Looks as cozy as a carrel can be! I can't wait for Spring Break either. I miss my husband and friends!!!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you! A game night over break is a necessity. I am in need of laughing so hard that my stomach hurts :)
ReplyDelete