What a week it has been. Our third Neuro exam was on Tuesday. I've been struggling in that class on top of having issues with one of the professors, and my confidence had been shaken. As my mother so aptly put it, the devil doesn't wear Prada...she teaches Neuroanatomy. However, I shook the anxiety and bias and ended up making a vast improvement on my lecture score. It was a huge victory for so many reasons, and I couldn't be more thankful. It's easy to get bogged down in the pressures of medical school, but it only takes a few incidents or experiences to sway my perspective as a whole. My neuro results definitely started the pendulum swing, but a few other happenings made this week refreshingly positive.
Aaron and I met up with our group of friends at Blue Rose on the river after our Neuro exam was after. Aaron dropped me off to try to find a parking spot, which was nearly impossible due to the perfect weather and sunshine. I told the three hostesses (training?) that we had a party of 6, and spent the next 5 minutes watching them try to solve the puzzle of which tables to put together. Later, the waitress asked Alyssa and I if our eyelashes ever itched. After a 4 hour mentally exhausting exam, I felt smart again. Is that horrible?
Good company, good conversation, and some good laughs helped ease the tension of the past few days.
I received a very special package in the mail as well. Aaron and I worked at a bookstore in Fayetteville during college, and they employed him during the year we took off to enjoy new marital bliss. We have very fond memories there, and many of them involve the amazing owners and employees. Sara, the accountant/merchandise director (add 20 more titles for completion) sent me The Pioneer Woman cookbook. I LOVE cookbooks and have amassed quite the collection. Recently, I discovered Ree Drummond's blog and tried a few of her recipes and have developed a fascination. The cookbook has caught my eye during many trips to Barnes and Noble, but we try to watch our budget. Sweet Sara bought a copy for me.
I am a huge gift giver. It's one of the ways in which I express love. I light up like a little kid when I receive surprise presents, and this was no exception. Even more special, however, was the handwritten note inside explaining her reasons for thinking of me and the similarities between the Pioneer Woman and myself (red hair!!). This cookbook will be going on the shelf with my most prized collections, complete with the note tucked away safely inside. The gesture made my week. It makes me wish I had more time to do the same for others...

This is a great cookbook. So far I've tried the meatloaf and it was YUMMM!
ReplyDeleteYou know how I love me some cookbooks too! I regularly use the one y'all gave us for Christmas. I just invested in some "Make ahead and Freeze" cookbooks and look forward to trying them this summer. I'll know which ones to get ya for Christmas!
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
Michele