I honored my vow to never attend a Clinical Skills lecture again today, but apparently I missed out. Not on good information, but on great quotes and horrendous pictures of STDs. It was Dr. Eddy's last lecture of the semester, and he went out with a bang. He referred to STDs as "friendlies" and urged the class to stay away from them. For some reason, this invokes memories of grade school presentations over topics such as oral hygiene with mascots named "Mr. Cavity" or something to that effect. I conjured up an image of a "Mr. Friendly" mascot - you wouldn't think he was so friendly if you viewed some of those images. So deceiving, those friendlies. It would, however, be amazing if he could make an appearance for next year's MSI class.
On another note, I'm attempting to reduce my caffeine intake and drink more water, mainly due to the fact that my body probably thinks Diet Dr. Pepper is water right now. As a result, I've had a monstrous headache all afternoon. I laid down after dinner, Aaron snuggled up to me, and we (he) accidentally snoozed for a bit. I am so looking forward to summer, when I can take a nap at 7 PM, or any other time for that matter, and not worry about having to wake up the next day. I will deserve it, especially after memorizing the mound of bacteria for Thursday's exam...WITHOUT CAFFEINE.


No comments:
Post a Comment