Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 3, 2011

New Furniture!

It's days like today that I actually feel like a grown-up. I got up, got dressed, spoke in a panel at a medical school event for prospective students, and gave a tour. Then...
I came home to new furniture! We've been on the search for a new couch/sectional for nearly 3 years now. Either some part of the design wasn't exactly what I wanted, or the price was too steep, or both, on nearly every piece we considered. It all came together this Memorial Day.
We replaced the red microfiber couches Aaron had picked out for his college apartment with an enormous leather sofa. It's over 8 feet long, luxuriously buttery, and deep, making it extremely comfortable. You just sink right in and feel like you could go for a nap upon sitting.
 Nailhead trim, bun feet, dark leather - just what I was looking for!
 The fabric chair coordinates with the sofa pillows and was FREE with its purchase. It's brown with spice red and gold stripes. I'm normally not a huge fan of brown fabric, but it complements everything else in the room. And it was FREE.
I had been eying this ottoman at Mathis Brothers for a while now, but at $1,000, it was designated as an "after medical school" type of purchase. We decided on a whim to drop by on Memorial Day and it was on sale for over 50% off! I love tufted furniture and the gold chenille fabric plays well against the leather sofa. Plus, its extra seating - it's HUGE, which you can't tell from the picture.
There you have it. Our new, grown-up furniture. We're such adults...

2 comments:

  1. It's all beautiful! That couch looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all of it, but the ottoman in particular! Good find!

    ReplyDelete