Cheers: This month's Rural Clinic rotation in Ardmore. After yet another solo baby delivery this afternoon, some unique pathology in the clinic, and a lot of play time with kiddos during well-child visits, I finally feel as though I'm practicing medicine...not just studying it.
Jeers: Mothers who fail to put their children before themselves. You don't deserve the immense blessing that is a child when so many selfless others would give anything for the opportunity to cherish a life that is not their own. Unfortunately, I've dealt with several of these women lately.
Jeers: Adults who whine and complain about having to go to work - especially when said work is in an air-conditioned environment with no hard labor required and/or part-time. There are so many individuals that would be grateful for the luxury of having a steady job and income, especially in this economy. Suck it up, shut up, and slap a smile on your face to change that nasty attitude.
Cheers: The 30th Olympic Games. Although my bedtime has been much later than usual, the husband and I can't help but glue ourselves to the action every evening, suturing supplies in hand. There's nothing else I'd rather do while practicing my runs and knots. I'm afraid it will feel like the day after Christmas when the broadcasts end. As a coping mechanism I will focus on forming a plan to be in Rio in 4 years.

No comments:
Post a Comment