Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Homesick

We've been in Ardmore for over two weeks now, and while I'm enjoying the clinic and the housing is very nice, I can't help but feel homesickness creeping up on me.
There's just something about your own bed. Your own bathroom (this is a big one for me). And I might sound crazy, but the familiar smell of your own home. Ours is a mixture of our laundry detergent and the combination of two candles I burn together often. It would be very nice to get a big whiff of that right now. :)
Most of all, I miss my family. This is the longest we've gone without seeing each other in quite awhile, and I can't wait to catch up with them in person.
I don't think you can ever grow old enough to be immune to homesickness, even if it's not as strong as the first time you spent a week at summer camp. It just shows that your home (and its people) is worthy of being missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment