Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 10, 2012

Twenty-Seven

A couple of weeks ago I celebrated my 27th birthday in advance with my family in Tulsa. 
We started the day off with lunch at Herbert's, a butcher shop that serves authentic Cajun food and has some of the freshest seafood this far inland. We heard of it through word of mouth, and the fried shrimp, oyster po' boys and fries did not disappoint! 
Next we headed to Dillard's, where I gifted myself with a classic Antonio Melani black leather clutch on clearance. Paying $30 for a $100 purse? Happy birthday to me!


We caught a matinee showing of The Dark Knight Rises, which was one of the best movies I've seen in quite awhile. The bonus was the fact that it was nearly devoid of foul language and contained no sex scenes - so refreshing these days!


After chowing down on some jalapeno ranch dip and Chicka-Chicka-Boom-Boom enchiladas at Chuy's (so yummy!), we headed back to our house for birthday "cake" and presents.


I requested a White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory...and the family happily obliged. :) Absolutely delicious and the perfect way to cap off the day.


The fam spoiled me rotten with gifts; here are just a few of my faves (though I was in love with everything).


This Lorac palette has the most highly pigmented, flattering shades. I normally don't buy makeup palettes because there are inevitably a few colors I will not use that go to waste. I know everyone has been raving about the new Naked palette, but after sampling the two in Sephora, I preferred the Lorac shades and size of each eyeshadow. I'll be using these neutrals for months!


I'm attempting to collect classic pieces to make our house feel more cozy for years to come. These iron lanterns from Pottery Barn caught my eye. I received two of the large size, and they were even more gorgeous in person! Now to decide where to place them...
I'm a words of encouragement kind of gal, along with my family members, so we exchange a lot of cards. I date and store them in photo boxes for preservation. My sister made me such a thoughtful gift - a photo box decorated with crystals and pearls with my favorite picture of us as little girls mod-podged onto the inside of the lid. I love it!
I'm not so excited to be twenty-seven, as I feel thirty is now just around the corner. On the bright side, my loved ones make each year better than the last, so growing older promises many new memories. I'm grateful for my life, and looking forward to the next year and what it has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment