Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Birthday and A Burial

Today is my birthday, but it's also the day my family will lay to rest my Grandpa Bill.
He's technically my step-grandfather, but he entered my life at such an early age that he's ever-present in my memories. More importantly, he treated my sister, cousins and I as if we were his own grandchildren.
I saw this quote on Pinterest this morning, and thought it very wise.


I've said it before, and I'll continue to say it until I'm blue in the face. Life is all about relationships. Wealth, status, and fame mean nothing at its end.
So pursue a life of purpose and meaning, filled with joy; don't let your attitude, actions, or other people hold you back. Invest your time and energy in those you hold dear to avoid regret.
I'm so thankful for the relationships I possess with my family and true friends, and I'm grateful to have had one with Bill.
The day is new, so I will choose to celebrate life!

No comments:

Post a Comment