Chicken Noodle Soup and Hearty Beef Chili
I follow the recipes in this cookbook after trying several from other sources.
The key to this amazing chicken noodle soup is the homemade broth. It's more time-consuming, but the taste is incomparable. I also use Amish-style noodles, which soak up the yummy liquid and have a wonderful texture.
The chili's secret? A great blend of varied spices rather than using a seasoning packet from the store. It develops a great depth of flavor together with the other ingredients.
As always, I've tweaked a few things in each recipe to suit our specific tastes and preferred textures, but the recipes won't let you down.
Beer Bread
My mother obtained this recipe from a family friend, who found its source online here. Its very dense and serves as the perfect side dish to the season's soups, stews, and roasts. Aaron likes to drizzle his with honey for an after-dinner snack.
The best part of this recipe? It literally takes 5 minutes to throw together.
The problem if you're a pastor's wife in Tahlequah like my mother? You have to get your children to buy the beer for you so you don't get caught in the grocery or liquor store with it. Ha!
Apple Crisp
My husband is not much of a sweet's fan, but he requests this treat often. It's the perfect blend of tart and sweet, and absolutely delicious with a scoop of ice cream. The recipe can be found here at one of my favorite online resources.
**Note: I do not add the water listed in the ingredients.
I hope these inspire you to get in the kitchen and whip up some lovin' for you and yours this season! Please share some of your favorites with me!




That is my favorite cookbook! I LOVE their thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe, and their hummus recipe. Pretty much everything in there is AWESOME!
ReplyDelete~K