My sister Macee came up to visit us this weekend. As always, we had a blast, and as always, I felt like she had to leave too soon. She came Friday evening bearing gifts - strawberry petit fors and an iced sugar cookie from my absolute favorite bakery, Rick's, in Fayetteville. It's a magical place. I'll leave it at that for now.
Isn't that so pretty? It tasted even better than it looked.
Saturday afternoon we perused Target and Barnes and Noble, two of my favorite places to browse and unwind (yes, I unwind at Target - pronounced Tar-jay). Macee found the cutest bikini for our upcoming days on the beach and I found a tankini for my mom, who apparently did not know that it's necessary to have more than one swimsuit. Oh, the extravagance. If I had her abs, I might have a swimsuit collection to rival my shoe collection...
Before heading to the school to study (there are no free weekends in medical school), we stopped by Kupcakes, which showed up on my radar a few weeks ago. Macee is now officially addicted after devouring the Lemon Drop cupcake she chose - she literally mmm'd or grunted between every bite. I'm surprised I heard it through the mmm's and sighs coming out of my own mouth between chunks of red velvet with mascarpone cream cheese icing. YUM
After a late night of board games with friends and an episode of America's Next Top Model (I saved it just for Macee), we headed to bed. I may or may not have dreamt about those cupcakes.
In honor of the lovely Macee and the fabulous time we spent together, I'll close with only a few of the many reasons why I love her, and often want to be her.
1. She jumps right in to any situation and makes those she's just met feel as if they've known her forever.
2. She conveys this amazing sense of confidence in who she is, what she stands for, and in whatever she may be thinking at the time.
3. She got the witty genes - her and my dad go back and forth, while all I can muster is, "...well, you too!"
4. Everything is more fun when Macee is around. You're guaranteed to have a better time doing the most mundane of things if she's along for the ride.
Love you Macer Moo :)


and you are the best sister ever! you melt my heart:)
ReplyDeleteThat made my day! I could come up with a million reasons why I love you and am so blessed to have you not only in my life, but have you as a sister! Last weekend was so much fun and I cannot wait until the next time I can come back up (and Spring Break!) Love you :)
ReplyDelete