Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Flood

It seems like the Easter forecast threatens rain each year. This is especially stressful for my parents, as our church always plans a big Easter egg hunt for the Children's Department. This year, they stuffed 4,000 eggs with candy, only to be met with spring storms. The kiddos still got their eggs, the adult service was amazing (teach it, Daddy!), and our family had an amazing lunch full of great food and fellowship.
 No matter our ages, we still wake up to baskets on Easter morning! I never want this to end, even when I have children... Are you reading, Mom? ;)
 This year my mom put our goodies in mixing bowls - you can never have enough, especially when you're a baker!
 Aaron's not big on sweets, so he got a monster bag of trail mix and chips along with some Reef sandals for the beach this summer!
 Matt, our friend from med school, came down for church and Easter lunch. Handsome future doctors.
My mommy's Easter basket from Dad and her girlies! She got the new Daisy Eau so Fresh perfume - it smells heavenly! Love me some Sephora and the free samples with online ordering :) Aren't the "Reester Bunnies" so cute?
I got these adorable sandals. They make my feet look fancy...
Matt's lucky he left when he did, because the spring showers turned into torrential downpours. In a matter of 30 minutes, our neighborhood was in the midst of a flash flood.


 They stationed police trucks later in the afternoon to deter drivers trying to turn onto our street

The water crept into our garage and kept rising, threatening to flood the house. My dad, Aaron, and my uncle and cousin swept water away from the entrance for an hour and a half in an attempt to keep the current at bay. They were successful - the garage is a mess, but our home kept dry. Others in the neighborhood weren't so fortunate and ended up with between 1 and 2 feet of water in their houses.
If only we could distribute the rain to the areas that really needed it... we've had our fill and more.

2 comments:

  1. I can't get over all that water! I hope the storms this week miss that area. I am obsessed with those jalapeno kettle chips. I think I could eat them every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron and I seldom buy them because we can finish the bag in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete