Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 6, 2011

Last Day of MSI Classes

Nearly nine months ago I walked into medical school, Aaron at my side, for our very first day of classes. I hoped I had picked a suitable outfit of scrubs and sneakers. I did not want to emulate the freshman at the U of A that always showed up on the first day in high heels and skirts, only to be smirked at (in a friendly way!) by upperclassmen like me in jeans and t-shirts. In the madness of that morning I had forgotten to take a picture of Aaron and I, something I'd promised my mom I'd do.
I walked in that morning and blinked...and I woke up and the year is nearly finished. One seemingly never-ending, sometimes nightmarish dream later, classes are over. This gives me hope. Hope that I'll blink and it will be the end of second year, and rotations, and so on until I'm in my residency. The years ahead feel just like that - years; but so did this first as I looked forward in August.
We have a tradition of standing and applauding each professor after their last lecture of the semester. I'm looking forward to the standing ovation in three years, at graduation, in honor of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment