Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Plans

I'm spending today studying for the Epidemiology final (in two and a half weeks - I'm on top of it!) and writing the paper that is due at midnight tonight (not so on top of it). Papers in medical school? I thought I was done with them for life in college. Then again after my MBA classes. When will it end?!
Despite the impending task, I have a fresh perspective on the rest of this semester, which is quickly dwindling to summer. I've struggled with a particular person the past few months, with no provocation, rhyme or reason behind the malicious actions. Then, last Wednesday, something was initiated that made me feel as if a bomb had been dropped on me and my future. It wasn't fair. I asked the typical question: "Why me?"
I remembered one of my dad's sermons in which he taught that it's not the events that occur in our lives that define us, but rather our responses to these events. So I asked for prayer and guidance from my parents and husband, and prayed fervently myself.
In my devotions that night and the night that followed, I read about Gideon's victory over the Midianites. About his complete faith and trust in God. And my favorite verse came to mind: "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'" This promise to me, along with an amazing passage of scripture from my mom, reminded me that God has already crafted my future. No thing and no one can change those plans as long as I follow His will. How comforting is that?
And God was faithful to hear and answer my prayers. Just like Gideon, I had a major victory over my enemy. As finals approach, I know that as long as I do my part, God will be faithful to carry me through. So take heart, first years, because nothing can stand in the way of God's plans for you; especially not these next few weeks.
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment