Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wish List

Neuro exam in T - 1.5 days. I'm doing my part by studying to my limits, and my family is doing their part by praying and offering encouragement. Sometimes I feel as if my prayers become a "wish list." A list of things I want or need, staples that become repetitive night after night. I get stuck on auto-mode and lose the personal connection that prayer creates. I forget to thank God for the many prayers He's answered and the blessings He's given me for which I didn't even ask.
And then times like these arise, in which I'm forced to fall on my knees and fervently seek God and His promises. How much more effective would my prayers, for myself and for others, be if I were always so passionate? How would my daily affect change if I took the time to reflect on what He's already done for me and praised Him accordingly?
One of the best things about God is that I can come to Him with anything. This week, I'm praying for some very specific things. Total clarity and recall, wisdom in uncertainty, quickness in recognition and association, and identification of any mistakes. I'm thanking Him in advance for meeting me more than halfway and answering these prayers this Friday. For fighting my battle for me when I am no longer strong enough to fight. For being beside me throughout this process.
The challenge: to be just as diligent in my prayers and praise next week, when these trials are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment