Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day!

Yesterday was an unexpectedly profitable day. Aaron and I capitalized on the typical Memorial Day furniture sales. We can't believe the amazing deals we were able to get! Our living room will look completely different once the pieces are delivered and set up this Friday afternoon. I'll be sure to post pictures later this week.
We dropped by a furniture auction with friends in the morning, munched on some delicious sushi for lunch, and split up an afternoon of browsing stores with a QT icee, Macee's favorite treat.
Aaron and I cooked up some fish tacos and guacamole for dinner with our friend Sean, then dragged out the fire pit for the first backyard evening under the stars of the summer.
 Macee squealed as loud as I did over my furniture upon seeing the size of these fluffy marshmallows
 Sean was so excited for s'mores!


Everyone attempting to get the perfect golden-brown toasted marshmallow before s'more assembly. 
Another friend, Jason, joined us soon after this. Aaron asked him to bring a lawn chair - he wheeled a rolling cooler from his house a block over instead, complete with beverages. I hope people drove by to witness it.
I couldn't be more grateful to and appreciative of the many men and women who have selflessly sacrificed so much so that we may enjoy these simple pleasures. We have a wonderful life because of their acts of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment